As you settle into another round of examinations we would like to share some tips with you that might prove useful to you. While these tips are geared towards those doing examinations online they can also be applied to those who are doing examinations in the traditional examination halls. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
- Ensure that your UWI student domain password is active. If your password is expired you will experience delays logging onto OurVLE to begin your exam. In some cases you may also have reduced time to do your examinations.
- Reach the exam centre early. This will allow you to settle in, get relaxed and give you sufficient time to check the computer that you are using to ensure it is working properly.
- If doing an examination off campus ensure that your system is properly configured to do the examination. At a minimum ensure that:
oYour system is receiving proper power. If using a laptop or mobile device ensure that it is properly charged.
oYou have a steady and stable connection to the internet. If using Wi-Fi, ensure that you are close to the source.
oYou are in an environment where you will have minimal disturbances.
- Read ALL instructions carefully.
- If any problems occur during the examination make a note of what you were doing right before the issue occurred. When reporting the issue to your lecturer or technical staff provide adequate details such as:
oYour name and ID number
oThe course code of the course that you were in
oThe name of the exam of activity module exactly as it appears on the course page.
- Ensure that you submit your attempt.
- Your lecturer will let you know when you will see your grades. For exams with essay type questions this will take a longer time.
- If a long period of time elapses and you do not see or receive your grade make a query right away.
All the best!